Costa Rica San Jose Mission

Monday, November 26, 2012

A Chop Suey Thanksgiving


Happy Holidays! It´s definitely the season here. People went crazy and started decorating for Christmas at the end of October. I was able to have a decent Thanksgiving. We ate at some members´house in our district. They made chop suey, and it was delicious! We also played with their puppies. I appreciate small things like that so much more out here. I love my district. There are six of us, and they're basically my family here. I won't get the package until December 4th when we have changes meeting. I did get some letters at Multi-Zone last week, which made my life! I sent replies today to Haylee, Mika, Abby, and Thad. Just so you guys know that you can be expecting something from me, but it might take a couple weeks to get there. I also met Bronson Bushnell's cousin at Multi-Zone. Elder Petersen, from Spanish Fork. He's going home next week.

I realized that I haven't asked how Milo is doing at all in these three months. How is he? Alive? Oh yeah! I totally forgot to tell you guys about L--- and N--- because they're so perfect and progressed without any problems at all. They were a reference from our cook, and we baptized them on Saturday! I baptized N---. She's 10, and she's an innocent little angel. It was such a great feeling. I'll be trying to send a picture we took with them. My first baptism! Ah. It was exciting. The fungus has cleared up a ton, but I actually haven't even used Listerine! I realized last week that the Toe Juice I have smells quite a bit like Listerine, so I tried to use a ton of that every day to see if it would do the same thing, and it´s totally been destroying the fungus, so all is well with that!

So V---. We went to have a sober lesson with him, and it went really well. He understood our purpose and was really receptive to the gospel and the Book of Mormon. The thing is, we forgot to get his phone number, and the next time we went to teach him, he had moved somewhere without telling anyone because he's not friends with anyone in that apartment building! However, we definitely needed to meet V---. For our companionship. The things we ended up discussing because of V--- pointed out some ways we need to mega improve. This is kind of coming from Elder Baca. I was pretty sad that V--- had moved and that we had no way of contacting him, and that was kind of the whole experience for me. But Elder Baca keeps saying that seeing the way I treated V--- humbled him a ton and impacted him in a way that he otherwise couldn't have been to become a better representative of Jesus Christ. So whatever, I'll take that! As with any investigator that falls through, at least we planted a seed.

Yes, I do take a cold shower every day... We have a cheap appliance that's supposed to heat the water as it comes out, but it doesn't work. I don't really know what to do or who to talk to. We keep saying we're going to figure out one day but we never do. It's kind of some terrible mental torture every morning to find the will power to go in there and shower, but once you get the courage to step under, it´s not all that bad. It's been like 60 degrees here this week and the people are going crazy and wearing puffy coats everywhere. I guess this is their winter, haha. It feels great outside to me.

I think that's all I really have to say this week! I'm going to send some pictures and a short thing for the ward.


No comments:

Post a Comment