Hello Everyone!
I've discovered that a notably large amount of people here specifically mention the movie Seven Pounds as one of their favorites. In the MTC we used to have Seven Pounds vs. Pursuit of Happiness debates about which is better. I was always on team Seven Pounds, so I'm very pleased to discover that the Ticos have my back concerning that. This week we found one of our investigators crying when we showed up for our appointment because she was going to get kicked out of her house the next day because her employer couldn't pay her on time, so she couldn't pay the rent. We gave her a blessing, read the story of the brother of Jared and applied it to her situation, and had a great prayer with her, and everything worked out okay and she still has her house! She has a ton of faith. I think she'll get baptized in a couple weeks.
If there's any Tazorac laying around the house that you could send in this package, that would be lovely! Sometimes there are moments of hilariously modern poverty that I marvel at, and I love it. This week, it was watching a little girl use an old broken PlayStation controller cord as a jump rope. Sometime for Family Night, you guys should watch a District 2 episode! You can find them at lds.org in the video section, under ''Missionary.'' They're super well-put-together and can help the family see a little bit of what the field is like.
I feel like I'm seeing so many gringos everywhere lately! There were two at church yesterday. I didn't get to meet one, who is our high councilman. The other was called Lane Gould. Actually, he's not gringo. He's Tico, born in Rica, but was adopted by a couple in Delta, Utah when he was four years old, and he just moved back here a year ago. I learned that he knows my old roommate Richard. It was super cool because I actually know more Spanish than him, and he had to have me help him converse with the members. He was just visiting our ward.
I've been reading in Mosiah this week. Chapter 4, verse 22 makes me want to never deny someone a coin if they ask for money, unless they explicitly say it's for drugs (yes, we get people saying that often). We were able to borrow a copy of The Testaments this week, and we've been using it like crazy. There are three kids who have been coming to church with their Grandma, but they're not baptized because their parents refused to give permission. Yesterday, the parents showed up at church on their own. Our ward mission leader invited them and us over for dinner, where we watched The Testaments. They felt the Spirit and cried, and now we're going to be able to begin teaching them as an entire family. Well, Elder Loredo and some other guy will. I still feel strongly that I'm getting changed. We find out tonight or tomorrow.
No pain or health problems this week. Elder Loredo and I are getting along. We're way more natural friends now than we were for the middle weeks of this change. I haven't bought an electric shaver because I haven't had a convenient opportunity haha. There's plenty of money in my account though, so thanks! I hope St. George was a total blast and everything! I'm pretty anxious to find out about changes. Guess we'll see what happens! Love you and miss you all.
--Elder Hampton
No comments:
Post a Comment