Costa Rica San Jose Mission

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Members!

All this week, we went to members showing them a short video of a family sharing the gospel in their daily lives, and after we invited them to have a... Group Night, I guess it would be called that in English. It's a Family Home Evening but where they invite people who haven't heard the gospel, and we just help them to get to know it a little bit in a low-pressure situation. The video is magic. It was part of that missionary broadcast they did. Everyone loves it, and is so enthusiastic to have Group Nights after! Starting tonight, we have differing group nights with different families every night. I can't wait. This area's about to take off like crazy.

The other day I was served a particularly nasty drink, and tried to drink it really fast and all at once, especially the squishy chunks at the bottom. But I did it way too fast and it all came spilling out onto my face and shirt. Somehow nobody saw except my companion, when I stood up to try and clean it up a little bit. It was kind of funny. Also, I'm worried about my debit card account. The original one, not my mission one. I hope it doesn't close after a year of no activity or something. I don't know if maybe you should buy something with it or deposit money so they don't close it? If you haven't up to this point in my mission haha.

I'm still thriving on My Turn On Earth. I always belt the beginning of that song that starts with ''I have a plan!'' at random times. Good quote not related to that: ''We must put God in the forefront of everything else in our lives. When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives.'' --Ezra Taft Benson

So crazy that Alex is leaving this week! Warren gets home tomorrow. I'll tell him to post info about his homecoming on my Facebook wall. I feel the same as you guys about hitting my year mark. In certain ways, it's flown by, and that last supper at Wendy's feels like yesterday. In other ways, as I've mentioned before, everything before the mission feels like it was just a dream. I think I'm at the peak of that feeling, and that it'll slowly start to go away as I forage through the second half of my mission. Golly, you guys will have to start planning your trip in awhile here! Maybe in my next interview, which won't be for a couple months, I'll ask President how we should go about that, if it's bad for me to stay with you guys a couple days after, etc.

Things are still going great with training! And yes I'm still District Leader too. We now have permission for cell phones but I think it'll still be a couple months before they get them into our hands. All members and investigators have phones.

An Area Seventy I think is coming in October, and I think our next trip to the temple is in September. I hope the length of this letter is a little more satisfying haha. Love you guys! Enjoy the last piece of summer. 

--Elder Hampton

No comments:

Post a Comment