Hello all,
So apparently there was an earthquake in Rica? That's sad that someone died, but I'm glad it wasn't worse. I wonder if there will be lots of cleanup stuff for us to help with when we get there. Should only make things more adventurous, so I'll look forward to it. Tell Kenny I say congrats on his mission call! That's so great. Thank you for already being faithful to my DVD/CD list haha, and for all the donuts and Swedish fish and letters! I thought of something I would love to eat: oreos with peanut butter. If you sent me some, I'd be like three points happier. I'm usually pretty happy here already though.
I love the Sunday and Tuesday devotionals here. I'm waiting for the day that an apostle comes. I'm sure I'll see one if I'm here for a full 9 weeks. Everyone always starts rumors each time that the prophet is coming. It's fun. This past Sunday we got to watch President Monson's 85th birthday celebration which was really cool, and sort of a chance to hear non-hymn music. We watched an old video after called The Labor of Love. It's a cheesy 80's movie with a returning missionary telling his experiences to a stranger on his plane ride home. I absolutely thrived on every single second of it. Our district started this game called "Aspasins" where we all have two lives represented by these little sticky notes we keep with us. When you hear someone speaking English when they could have been speaking Spanish, you shout "Aspasins!" and take one of their lives and keep it for themselves. The last person with lives wins. It could be pretty helpful and sort of fun, but nobody's really playing it. It is making me speak more Spanish than I would be though.
The room next to us was quarantined or something because they had bed bugs!!! We're gonna die. The pictures you should get with this email are a picture of our district and one of just me and Elder Keysor and our roommates. Their names are Elder Moberly and Elder Sparacino. They're leaving on Tuesday for the Guatemala MTC, which we're really sad about. It's gonna be weird without them. We'll laugh significantly less. Anyway, I gotta go. I've felt the spirit so much in the past few days though while reading Jesus the Christ! It's so amazing. I highly recommend. Love you all, always missing of you and thinking of you often. Adios!
--Elder Hampton
| The district |
| Elder Hampton and his comp Elder Keysor, and their roommates Elder Moberly and Elder Sparacino |
No comments:
Post a Comment