Costa Rica San Jose Mission
Sunday, September 30, 2012
Week #5
Hola!
With 3 1/2 weeks to go, I'm finally starting to feel like I'm maybe getting somewhat near the beginning of the end of my exhaustingly long stay at the MTC. Don't worry, Dad, I've been a diligent journal writer. I write every day, and always try to focus on how I'm doing spiritually and concerning the work rather than things like what we ate for breakfast. We did get to watch the temple dedication on Sunday, so that was pretty cool and great to experience! We watched the 9:00 session. Thanks for that story/thought you shared with me too, Dad! It was really something I needed to hear and got me thinking about things the way I should. The CTR shoes do fit perfectly, and I've been wearing them a fair amount. I think an iPod shuffle will be great! Thanks! I hope you can find one for dirt cheap. I don't want you guys to have to spend a ton of money on me. I've gained 5 pounds since I've been here, so I don't need very many more snacks haha. I still have half the jar of peanut butter though, so it could be nice to have some more Oreos to finish that off (a plastic spoon would help too!).
We finally got new roommates this week, but we're super upset because they're still going to be leaving before us!!! They're going to Bolivia, but they're only going to be here for three weeks because they're switching to the Peru MTC. I kind of wish I'd got to do that with like the Guatemala one or something since it's on the way to Rica, but at the same time it'll be nice to just have a constant training experience in one place, then just head out to the field. Anyway, the newmates are pretty cool I guess. One is from Kansas, the other is from Kaysville. We get along fine but there are some little things every now and then that they do and I'm just like "...what? What on earth?" It's hard to explain. I think it's just that our personalities and views on like everything don't quite match up. I try to crack awkward jokes with them to break the ice sometimes, but it ends up just feeling awkward and not like a joke. They stare blankly a lot. Haha, they're cool though. I'm sure once we get to know them better there will be less moments that feel strange.
I like my camera just fine! I don't have any pictures to send this week though... We keep doing the same thing every day of every week so there aren't really any developments that I feel a need to capture images for! I should have a couple next week though. Chance leaves in a few days, so we're going to take a picture tonight. Also, Kevin Fisher got here this week so I'll be sure to get a picture with him. Then I can send them to you guys and you can put them on Facebook and everybody will go cray! Have you guys even been getting my pictures? I tried to send two last week, but it sent me a return email saying it didn't work. Thanks you everyone who has written me! I love all types of letters. Love them. Thank you so much Lythgoe family as well for your encouraging letters and words of wisdom. I was so pleasantly surprised to receive those! Thanks so much. Sorry this is so short, but I really don't have much else to say! We rarely do anything different here. I'm sure my letters from the field will be huge. Just know that I know that this gospel is true, and that I'm so grateful and happy to be here. I'm progressing every day and I can't wait to serve the Lord in Costa Rica. Love you and miss you.
--Elder Hampton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment