Hola otra vez!
Thank you for the updates on other missionaries. I loved reading those, so for sure keep 'em coming while I'm at the MTC... which should only be for 16 more days! I know my address says I leave the 23rd, but a white card I got on my first day says Sunday, the 21st. From what I hear, that card is the real date. I should get my travel plans within the next couple days, so I'll know for sure before my next e-mail. I'll also know if I'm flying Delta, which will apparently mean that I'll need $75 dollars to have a second suitcase no matter what it weighs. I don't know if you'll want to send me money for that, or if that's what the cash you gave me is for. Anyway, just thought I'd give that heads up, but we can work it out next week. That phone thing sounds perfect and amazing! I would love to do that. Thanks for getting my last check! I kept forgetting to remind you, but thanks so much! Sorry that happened. Mom being in the paper sounds totally hilarious. If you guys are able to get an extra copy, you should cut one out and send it to me!
I keep trying to think if there's anything else I'll need before I go, but I haven't been able to. Thanks for the Pop Tarts and Milky Ways! Breakfast around here will be so much better now. Thank you also for sending the CD for Hermana Stum! I'm guessing you'll do the same songs for my iPod? It seems like there would be more than 18. I know it's asking a lot, but for my iPod, can Morgan or someone just listen to a little bit of each song on the album to determine if it's religious/spiritual at all? Because I feel like some of them have weird not spiritual titles, but the actual songs are really spiritual, and I want to be able to listen to as much of the album as I can while still keeping a good environment for the Spirit. I would love to have that piano CD you guys gave me on my iPod. I'll send that to PostMart today along with those replacement pants. The zipper is broken on those too! Not broken off, but it doesn't work. They don't zip up. They were a little too big anyway. So sorry, you don't even have to find a good exchange if you don't want to. I have a decent amount of pants.
I totally did see Addison Soelberg in a car at the temple! I didn't think she saw me, haha. That's hilarious that she mentioned it. Funny, funny. It's weird seeing people I know from the outside world. I still see more missionaries I know almost every week. Most of them are just distant acquaintances though. Man, this email has really been strictly business. Sorry about that. I should share something I've learned. I've never been good at feeling that I should do something and thinking "That's a spiritual prompting, and I'm going to do it." I've always been bad at knowing which things are my thoughts, and which things are from the Spirit. Something I've learned here, through hearing certain talks and having experiences, is that it doesn't matter. I already knew that in a way, and would try to tell myself that if I have an idea to do a good thing, I should just do it no matter what. I've now learned that it might not even be as clear as a thought coming to my mind.
Being in tune with the Spirit doesn't necessarily mean being able to decipher promptings. It means living righteously enough that the way you live and the things you do are naturally the things God needs you to do. You're guided in everything you do. We might do something good just because it's who we are, without having an official sudden thought that we should do it. We might not know it was the guidance of the Spirit until we learn the results of our action much later in time. We may never know it was the guidance of the Spirit. The most important thing we can do is be obedient, and live righteously and worthy of the Spirit so that He can guide us whether we're aware of it or not. I hope that made at least a little bit of sense! I'm getting uncomfortably anxious for Rica. The countdown is on. Love you all. Miss you. Everyone hurry and write me before I'm in Rica where the mail system is poo! Keili: I see Carsen here sometimes since he's a teacher! Tell me about your life! Jared: Tell me about your life and online album sales! Please, I'm dying to hear from you guys. Anyone else reading this: Please write me. I love letters so much. Thank you everyone, God bless.
--Elder Hampton
| Jake and Chance Werner |
| Jake and Sam Grover |
No comments:
Post a Comment