Costa Rica San Jose Mission

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Month of May

We have been slackers this month and have not gotten up the past three emails from Jake! He is doing great and loves his current area, Cartago. Here is a short summary of the emails we've gotten from him:

Fasting rules! I sometimes forget how powerful it really is. I don't know why I don't fast for more things. I've seen time and time again how powerful and quickly we can experience blessings from fasting. I fasted this Saturday/Sunday that one of our newer investigators would be able to come to church on Sunday. We called him Saturday night with no answer. Then on Sunday morning he called us to ask if we could meet him in the central park to show him where to church was, because he was already walking on his way there! We went to the park and he was all dressed up in a suit and carrying his Book of Mormon. Great moment.

This email will basically be a bunch of short, unconnected ideas. Last week, some investigators asked me where I was from again, and when I said Utah they were like ''That's it! Oh my gosh! There was just a huge tornado there and a bunch of people are dead!'' So I thought you guys and everyone I know were all buried under wreckage and bleeding while they turned on the news and waited for the international part just so I could find out the investigators had mistaken Oklahoma for Utah.
 
Speaking of families, we had a couple get married this past week so the wife can get baptized! The husband is already a member. Kind of returning from being inactive. I'm so happy for them. I love their family. The guy speaks English. I can't wait for you guys to meet them someday! I went on divisions to Los Santos (Big Fish Village) this Friday unexpectedly, and we had this great moment of eating pizza in an empty little wooden restaurant while it poured rain outside and 70's rock played in the background.
 
Elder Hampton
 
"The view from the missionary apartment in Big Fish Village."

"Just one of those pics."

"Me and piglet."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment