Here's a rundown of some of our investigators. I'll start with our most recent convert: E---. First, flashback: After the baptism of H---- and J---, we were walking through the city, when a man stopped us and asked where the Cartago chapel was. His name was G---, and he was an inactive member. He'd grown up elsewhere, but had just moved in with his girlfriend in Cartago.
He brought her to church that week, and she loved it, and they got married to obey the law of chastity just a couple short weeks later. They have a little baby daughter. E---- was baptized this Thursday, and I hope to be able to attend their familiy's sealing in one year. I love them so much.
I loved the broadcast! However, missions like ours are the reason they said those new tools will be implemented ''in the coming months AND YEARS.'' Haha, we don't even have cell phones in this mission, and that's not because we get robbed. It's because we can't handle it as a mission. People abuse that stuff. Maybe if I'm super lucky I'll get to start using that stuff a tiny bit towards the end of my mission, but I very highly doubt it.
There are four big cities in the middle of Costa Rica: San Jose (where I basically started my mission), Cartago, Alajuela, and Heredia. I now am familiar with three of those four cities, because I had changes. I'm in Heredia. Our specific area/ward is called San Francisco, but we're practically in the center of Heredia. My new companion's name is Elder Morales, and he's from Colombia. He's only been a member for about a year and a half. I was excited because he's a hilarious, great kid. I love the kid so much.
We only have one investigator in Heredia, named C----. He should be getting baptized on July 20th. We just started to teach him yesterday. I'm still district leader here, which I'm a little nervous about, but I'm already great friends with my district now and have found my place in Heredia.
To give you an idea of how safe I feel, Mom, the other night right after in our companionship prayer I prayed that we'd be safe throughout the night, literally as I finished saying the word ''Amen,'' a gun was fired nearby. And we didn't think much of it because it wasn't out of the ordinary. But like you say, we have the protection of the Lord. There are areas far more dangerous in this mission anyway. The worst thing that could ever happen to me would be give up what I'm carrying, which would be scriptures and maybe 10 dollars. So I actually don't feel that unsafe. We just have to be careful.
''To believe in God is to know that all the rules will be fair, and that there will be wonderful surprises.'' I'm in love with that quote. I just am.
Love and miss you all!
Elder Hampton
No comments:
Post a Comment