There are lots of Subways here (as in the restaurant), but it's ridiculously expensive, like 10 dollars for a big sandwich. The other day they had this special offer though and I totally got a $4.80 footlong! Couldn't believe it. Day-maker.
There's this great album a lot of missionaries have called The Work. It's by a group called the Nashville Tribute Band. You guys should check it out, it's all about missionary work, and it's like country music. Also, I bet one of the songs on it called ''Bless My Son'' will make mom cry. A missionary in a house I went to this week has My Turn On Earth on his iPod, and I was all over that. But what's up with that depressing last song about places you'll never go, pages you'll never turn, and words that you never will learn? I only heard that part of the song, and it like haunted me haha. Maybe it's a more positive message within the song as a whole.
Like I told Mom, that meeting this week is cancelled. But we're actually going to the office right now so maybe my package will be there. Glad girls camp was great! I'm good on clothes and all that! I haven't told anyone about my birthday, and I'm not going to. All they'll do is smash an egg on my head. An annoying tradition they have here. I have to do the baptismal interviews for the whole district whenever they need them, so I get to do lots of exchanges and I love it. Just our companionship lives in our house though.
The next changes are August 8, when Elder Baca goes home!!! Warren goes home just a couple weeks after. I'll find out his homecoming talk date. as well as Elder Baca's if you guys for some reason want to take a weekend trip to Vegas. Sorry, you'll never hear the end of that from the girls now. thanks so much for running to the bank mom! Love you! Love you all, and miss you! Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm sure it'll be a good, normal day which is what I want haha.
--Elder Hampton
No comments:
Post a Comment