Normally a few times a week, kids ask me to speak English. It's almost always so they can marvel at the fact that there's a gringo talking in front of them, so I usually say something like ''I can speak English all day long if you want, but it won't even matter because you can't understand a word that I'm saying.'' That's what I said this week to this teenager who wanted me to speak English, except he was like ''...but I can.'' He turned out to be totally fluent.
Lightning struck like 50 feet in front of us yesterday. I'd never seen anything like that. Also, we have this amazing investigator. She's going to be a great member someday soon. Hopefully August 17 if all goes well. She came to church yesterday and said she has a big question for us next time we visit her.
It does feel weird to be 20 and not have teen in my number. But yeah my birthday was fantastic! Elder Morales called the whole world while I was showering in the morning and everywhere we went all day people already knew it was my birthday and gave me food and sang to me.
I'm so psyched that you guys are going to Elder Baca's homecoming! There's one Utah missionary in our district right now. Hermana Roundy from Bountiful. The work is picking up here. We had six investigators in church yesterday. We've had to walk a ton lately for lack of money, but we normally walk a lot anyway because the bus routes aren't very convenient. Gotta go. Love you guys!
Love this quote. ''Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father in Heaven and how familiar is face is to us.'' Don't remember who said it. A prophet. and it was quoted in this past conference.
--Elder Hampton
No comments:
Post a Comment