Costa Rica San Jose Mission

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Merry Christmas!


I guess this is my official Christmas email, because I doubt I'll email next week since I'll be talking with you guys face to face! Apparently my face will be projected to the size of 96''? Not sure how I feel about that one, but what can you do? Haha. The foot fungus got super bad again, but these members gave me this weird cream for animals that they insisted would heal both my hands and feet, and it has been! There are cool drumline parties in the street by our house about once a week. Sometimes I really wish I could just jump in and contribute to the beat. The primary program was yesterday. It was a blast. They gave me cake and orange juice at their celebration after. Those were always the days... Sharing time on the Sunday of the primary program, just partying because you're finally done with it.

Last night, M-o told us that he's most likely moving to Nicaragua next week. Forever! I'm super sad about it. As missionaries, we're just a small part of people's lives, but they're everything to us. I can't believe he's going so suddenly, and after all this progress... He says he's going to continue going to church and learning in Nicaragua, but I'm nervous about it. Oh yeah, I don't think I've mentioned that probably at least half the people are Nicaraguan. Nicaragua is to Costa Rica as Mexico is to the United States, in just about every way, including the locals attitudes towards the illegal immigrants. I just love everyone though, haha. Our other main investigators right now are I-a and Y-h, unrelated but both mothers of recent converts. I-a thinks any church that talks about God is good and true. Y-h should be baptized by the end of this month if we can meet with her more! We also have J-a, who's been taught all the lessons but always backs out of coming to church.

Dad asked if I've had any other weird foods. I haven't had to eat anything else gross yet, but I hear that some people occasionally make Mondongo, which is cow rectum. I really hope I never have to try it. So yeah we have district meetings weekly, and I'm not entirely sure yet, but from my time here it seems that we have zone conferences about monthly. I think multi-zone conferences are every few months, and the mission president comes to those. I don't think they're going to split our mission since President already knows how the numbers are going to change. He says we have about 180 missonaries in our mission right now, and with the new announcement we'll soon have 250 total as our max.

I don't carry any pepper spray for dogs... But if I know I'm going to be near some aggressive ones, I get my umbrella and backpack ready to use as weapons.  Ah, how I miss the Chandler Christmas tradition! I hope you had a fantastic time and went to Pizza Pie Cafe. I didn't know that Grandma and Grandpa aren't leaving till May now! So sad. As for the mini package, the mission home would be best. We don't even have an address. So I would say mail it to the mission home if it's not too inconvenient. Thanks so much, and tell them I say thanks too! I'm so proud of you guys for staying up so late to watch so much LOST because you can't stop. Keep it up! Love it. I hope you guys get teary eyed at least once throughout the whole series. I did hear about the Connecticut thing the day it happened. It was all over the news everywhere we went. So sad. I can't even believe it. Those families are for sure in my prayers. Anyway, gotta go. Love you guys! Talk to you on Monday at 3:00 Rica time!

No comments:

Post a Comment