We did some divisions this past week, but for the first time I was the missionary who stayed in our area and had to lead me and the other elder to all our appointments and lead all the lessons! I was a little nervous, but the Spirit totally guided me. That day, I learned that M---o will be coming back from Nicaragua! It won't be for a few months, but maybe I'll still be in this area. If not, I'll make sure whoever replaces me knows to keep up with him and get him converted. It's almost given that Elder Baca will be transferred this next change since he'll have almost eight months in this area. It's weird to think that I'll most likely have a different companion so soon.
I haven't had the chance to get mail in a couple weeks, so I still haven't heard anything about the ward package... I'm dying. I depend a little too much on mail sometimes. It's like I have a mail meter as one of my needs like a Sim. I love to get and send mail. It's an addiction. As for New Year's Eve, we're still expected to go to bed on time. We're just going to be passing it with some members, like we did Christmas Eve and Day. Christmas was basically another P-Day. Maybe we'll play a little more Skip-Bo than usual tonight. We'll see.
Our ward starts at 9. Things have been super rough this month. Everyone uses the holiday as an excuse to become inactive, or if they're not members they use it as an excuse to not give us the time of day. Things have slowly started to turn around a little in the past few days. Hopefully this week is way better. I'm pretty used to the area. I hope there's not a freak thing where I get transferred instead of Elder Baca. I'm just getting comfortable making my way around here and talking to the members! I hope your guys' Christmas was amazing. Sounds like it from what you told me. Happy 2013! Love you!
--Elder Hampton
| Jake's description: "Me Mr. Krabsing as I eat yet another tamale. I've had way too many. So glad the season's over." |
| For Keili: "Hello Sidney." |
No comments:
Post a Comment