Things are going as great as ever down here in this Central part of the American continents. There was a 5.4 earthquake the other night around 1 AM. I was sleeping on a mattress on the floor of the apartment of some other Elders, and I just kind of lay there all tired and enjoyed all the violent shaking going on around me. It was the strongest one I've felt here so far. Too much fun. My health is fine in all aspects, Mom, don't worry. Haha. Sounds like Cali was as fun as it's always been! Glad you guys were able to escape the frozen tundra.
To answer some of your questions: Elder Loredo's family are active members and completely supportive of him serving a mission. He's from an area of Mexico called Tampico, which is basically along the border of Texas. I don't even know how to spell the name of his area before Vizcaya, but it's in the zone Cartago, where Elder Baca is now Zone Leader. I've been keeping in contact with Warren through email recently after a few months where we didn't hear from each other, so that's been awesome to be talking to him again. As for finding new people to teach, we've been finding quite a decent amount! It's still about the same percentage of people that slip through the cracks and don't have anymore interest after a couple visits, but now we're working with way more people so we're able to catch more of those people who are prepared and willing to discover the truth of the gospel.
Thank Brother Krommenhoek for me! That's super thoughtful and cool of him to do the whole testimony thing. I'll be sure to translate that. Hey, I think you guys have asked me several times about the food here, and I've never said anything too specific. I still don't have much to say about it, but I don't know if I ever told you about the fried bananas we have during the majority of our lunches. They're SO good! Probably my favorite new thing I've tried here so far, because I haven't really tried much. I live in a suburb where people mostly prepare pretty typical foods.
So I don't know if you guys have any advice for how to fix this, but shaving every day has been a bit of a trial my whole mission, and especially lately. More than anything because of my neck. I've tried so many different methods of shaving, but my neck gets extremely irritated every dang time I shave. Does an electric razor help with that? If so, maybe I'll ask for one of those as an early birthday present in this next package or something. Oh! Speaking of things that come through the postal service, I got mail from five different people today! We had a lame zone party at a park, but it was worth going since the leaders brought our mail. It made my week! I'll be replying to all of them ASAP.
Church yesterday was amazing. We had seven investigators there, and people left and right asking for us appointments and giving us references and asking to be baptized (okay, that was only one person, a twelve year old kid who always comes with his grandma but hasn't been baptized and asked us what he needs to do. Pure heaven for us)! Things are going great. Love you guys. Let me know how LOST is going. Until next week,
Elder Hampton
| Jake and his new companion, Elder Loredo. |
The view from their apartment.
No comments:
Post a Comment